Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

About Me

My photo
Since I was about knee-high, I have always had a passion for fashion. It was only in my teens that I really found my true identity and loved to dress in anything that was considered "fashionable" at the time. Fashion fads:- Soul Girl; Trendabilly; Psychobilly; Rockabilly; 1950s style; 1940s style.

Friday 7 December 2012

Last chance to Vogue on Sunday 9 December

It's December at last and as every knitter will know, winter is the best time to knit sweaters and to inspire and enthuse us to knit more sweaters, mainly because it is cold and also gives us more opportunities to show off and wear our completed projects.

Having recently visited the Knitting & Stitching Show at the Ally Pally, I have a huge list of things to do, having bought myself some fabric and also some packs of wool.

I recently knitted myself another lacey short-sleeved sweater in a toffee colour which will team up with some of my tweed and woollen skirts I wear for work.   The design is simple but it looks fabulous when I wear it with a scarf. I have not worn it yet but when I do I will post a photo.

Although I have been knitting 1950s sweaters just lately, I will eventually knit a few more 1940s sweaters, especially as I have been knitting with 4ply wool again, it's not that bad when you get used to it.  The lacy sweater took 4 weeks to knit.

If you are a knitting novice you will appreciate how many hours it can take to knit a sweater.  I am not fast or slow but being left-handed probably doesn't help but accuracy and good tension is more important than speed.

Well my latest project is finished and I am getting ready to wear it on Sunday at Vintage Vogue in Brentwood.  I actually knitted a hat to match just for fun, adjusting the pattern slightly to match my sweater.  Its one of my favourite designs, the Bow Sweater as pictured below in a very seasonal colour and no it's not red this time, that would be too predictable.

All photos from Vogue will be posted in my next blog.

Is there more to come from Michele's Vintage Knitwear after Vogue - you bet.......watch this space for some exciting plans I have for 2013 and guess what?  I will have more time to blog and take photos of all my work and some of my collections of patterns and all sorts of lovely things and of course more time for happy knitting.


See you soon!



1 comment:

  1. Hello-

    I’m a lifelong antiquer, and am making my passion for antiques a full-time business by selling antiques online. I’m blogging about my experiences at my blog, Wisdom Lane Antiques: wisdomlaneantiques.blogspot.com.

    I love your blog—just became a follower—and would like to invite you to follow my own blog.

    I’m very excited to be joining the antique selling community online.

    ReplyDelete