Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

About Me

My photo
Since I was about knee-high, I have always had a passion for fashion. It was only in my teens that I really found my true identity and loved to dress in anything that was considered "fashionable" at the time. Fashion fads:- Soul Girl; Trendabilly; Psychobilly; Rockabilly; 1950s style; 1940s style.

Monday 30 December 2013

All for the love of Claridges

Hi everyone, its been a while (almost a year) since I last updated my blog page so now it's time to let you know what's been happening in 2013.

Back in March I treated my husband, Stephen to afternoon tea at Claridges.  This was our third visit and every time we have spent our afternoon at this magnificent hotel in London we are never disappointed.  On this occasion it was his birthday so Claridges seemed quite fitting for the occasion.

My cheesy photo holding the Vintage Life magazine is a sample of what you can expect to see me reading when I find a few minutes here and there away from the knitting needles.  I love a good read and I must admit this is a very handy size to carry around with you.  This edition featured those lovely ladies in "Call the Midwife".
My favourite character is Trixie for her love of sweaters, she is truly the sweater girl on the series and looks fab in every creation.

At Claridges, having spent a couple of hours eating dinky sized sandwiches and eating lovely handmade scones with their superb clotted cream and marco polo jelly we decided to have a wander around the Ground Floor, near reception as you can see the wonderful entrance in the photo above.

Getting back to the character named "Trixie" from "Call the Midwife" I will feature my favourite sweater in the next blog entry.

Until next time…..

M

No comments:

Post a Comment