Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

About Me

My photo
Since I was about knee-high, I have always had a passion for fashion. It was only in my teens that I really found my true identity and loved to dress in anything that was considered "fashionable" at the time. Fashion fads:- Soul Girl; Trendabilly; Psychobilly; Rockabilly; 1950s style; 1940s style.

Tuesday 16 November 2010

CHRISTMAS IS COMING......AND VINTAGE VOGUE WAS A HUGE SUCCESS




Hi everyone!

Life has been a bit stressful of late.....our home improvements ie kitchen/dining room and bathroom projects have taken longer than we imagined and we are looking forward to most of it being finished off in time for Christmas. Make do and Mend and Stay Calm and Carry On have certainly been the theme for the last few weeks and we have survived it all. We are looking forward to entertaining our parents on Christmas Day!

I have been busy knitting at every available opportunity but it's been a struggle to say the least. I am glad to say we had a successful day at Vintage Vogue on Sunday 5th December and I sold some sweaters. I still have a couple of designs left, including the 1950s shawl-collared sweater in two colours, denim blue and kingfisher blue (as per the one above), both with matching cap and a 1950s off-the-shoulder sweater perfect for the party season as well as a bow sweater in royal blue and grey.

I will continue knitting sweaters to order and will knit some one-offs ready for the next Vintage Vogue on Sunday 10th April 2011 at which time I should have quite a few to sell so do watch this space.

All sweaters are one-offs so if you are looking for something a bit different and want to bring a bit of vintage style to your spring/autumn/winter wardrobe then look no further than Michele's Vintage Knitwear.

Don't forget to look out for the February edition of "Lets Knit Magazine" as there will be a feature on me in that edition which I am really looking forward to viewing.

Wishing you all a relaxing and peaceful Christmas and prosperous New Year

Michele





1 comment:

  1. Michele as soon as I got the news letter I just had to come and take a look at your blog and I have to tell you it is great.
    A you know I am there some where on your waiting list and can't wait for the day my lovely jumpers arrive... oh it will be just like christmas I am sure.
    Congrats for getting a feature done in the "Lets Knit" magazine I will be buying it...
    Please take alook at my blog Tallulah May Vintage Socialite and let me know what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete