Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

About Me

My photo
Since I was about knee-high, I have always had a passion for fashion. It was only in my teens that I really found my true identity and loved to dress in anything that was considered "fashionable" at the time. Fashion fads:- Soul Girl; Trendabilly; Psychobilly; Rockabilly; 1950s style; 1940s style.

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Life Magazine November 1941


I love this cover of Life Magazine, November issue 1941. This girl looks like she is really enjoying herself but making sure she doesn't drop any stitches along the way. I wonder if she actually knits or she was just posing for the photo as she looks as if she's dropped a few stitches already and is holding the needles rather awkwardly? Anyway, I thought I would share this image with you as I think it's really lovely. I wouldn't mind having a copy of this issue myself as I would imagine there's a great sweater pattern inside.


2 comments:

  1. What a great photo, apparently when I knit (well when I am concentrating) I stick my tounge out! Not quite as glamourous!!

    Also I have awarded you the Stylish blogger Award as I think your blog is great!

    See my blog for more info
    http://thebutterflybalcony.blogspot.com/2011/02/blog-arward.html

    ps.I know that these awards are not everyones cup of tea, so feel free to take it, or leave it, if its not your thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy

    That's really nice of you and I am well and truly honoured.

    I only wish i had more spare time to blog as I would be blogging nearly every day if only I had the time!

    I shall follow your blog from now on!!! Looks far more interesting than mine.....

    Thanks again,

    Michele
    x

    ReplyDelete