Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

About Me

My photo
Since I was about knee-high, I have always had a passion for fashion. It was only in my teens that I really found my true identity and loved to dress in anything that was considered "fashionable" at the time. Fashion fads:- Soul Girl; Trendabilly; Psychobilly; Rockabilly; 1950s style; 1940s style.

Saturday 21 July 2012

Summer is almost here?

Well folks, I have been working behind the scenes a lot recently so I have not been blogging - if I blogged all the time then I wouldn't get anything done would I?

Vintage Vogue 9 Sept will soon be here so I have just enough time to knit a few more sweaters and berets and I am sure with all this cool weather, many of you have occasionally had to wear a sweater or two and will be eager to get your hands on a few more vintage style sweaters.




There is nothing more British than a tweed sweater so you are all in for a treat as I have been busy knitting some lovely 50s style sweaters in various colours of (good quality) tweed all with matching beret, how authentic is that? The purple one pictured is going to have a change of buttons as I have just bought some lovely vintage ones that will match perfectly.

My aunt has also been busy knitting mens sweaters for me which I will also be selling on my stand.  These will be one-offs, maybe 3 different designs, depending how much time she has to knit them before September. Please remember it takes ages to knit a perfect sweater and my aunt is a great knitter, her work is perfect and she has years of experience.

Its been a very busy week, this Thursday my better half, Stephen (pictured) graduated from University of The Arts London, although he's planning to do yet another top up year, still aiming for the top so if he gets in, there will be more sleepless nights for him.  I felt really proud to watch him on stage at the Royal Festival Hall - such grand surroundings and I was in a box all to myself and had a great view from where I was sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment