Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

About Me

My photo
Since I was about knee-high, I have always had a passion for fashion. It was only in my teens that I really found my true identity and loved to dress in anything that was considered "fashionable" at the time. Fashion fads:- Soul Girl; Trendabilly; Psychobilly; Rockabilly; 1950s style; 1940s style.

Tuesday 11 October 2011

A Weekend of Knitting and Stitching











I was really glad I visited the Knitting and Stitching Show in Ally Pally on Saturday. As I was expecting, it was packed solid with ladies of all ages buying wool and all sorts of goodies relating to knitting and sewing. The only moan of the day was that there wasn't much room to move and the food was a bit lacking in choice and there were hardly enough seats to accommodate the thousands that visited.

Anyway, I came away with nice wool to knit a sweater or two. I just love tweed wool which will knit up into a lovely sweater like the 1950s style one pictured. I also found some really lovely fabric as pictured. I am not very good at dressmaking but I am one to have a go at anything so I will buy a nice 1940s blouse pattern and either have a go myself or ask someone to do make them for me (I guess it will be the latter).

It was great to see such enthusiasm for the Campaign - "Love Fashion Hate Sweatshops", I just had to buy one of their clothbags which I will carry with me wherever I go to spread the word..... I felt inspired by the creativity they were sharing with everyone, it's amazing what you can make out of old unwanted cloth and in fact anything that gets thrown away. There were also some great exhibitors showing off their creations one of which just caught my eye as shown in the picture above.

There were a few Magazine stands including one for Women's Weekly so I felt inspired to dig out some of my original 1950s knitting patterns as a homage to them celebrating 150 years since the start of their publication.

I am really looking forward to next year's show.




No comments:

Post a Comment