Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

About Me

My photo
Since I was about knee-high, I have always had a passion for fashion. It was only in my teens that I really found my true identity and loved to dress in anything that was considered "fashionable" at the time. Fashion fads:- Soul Girl; Trendabilly; Psychobilly; Rockabilly; 1950s style; 1940s style.

Friday 30 December 2011

Out with the old, in with the New





Happy New Year to everyone!

I hope all my followers have had a great Christmas, full of rest, good cheer, fun and frivolity.

I have really been enjoying this well-earned rest from my day job. I have watched some great films on video and tv, favourite tv programme was Downton Abbey for obvious reasons, it's British Drama at its best and I don't think there has been anything else to attract my attention other than Miss Marple and Poirot.

Whilst watching the TV I sit and knit my sweaters. I have finally completed the double breasted tweed sweater as pictured in my previous post in a lovely wine tweed coloured wool, I wore it last Thursday when we visited the V&A post-modernism exhibition and we also hit the busiest shopping street in London - Oxford Street but that was only because we had to shop at John Lewis which has always been my favourite department store. Once upon a time I used to buy all my yarn and ribbon there but over the years the department has shrunk in size and choice but never mind, yesterday we were buying household items not haberdashery. We survived the trip and I was so glad to get home again.

The other morning I went shopping locally and popped into a couple of the charity shops. I managed to find a few knitting patterns as well as a couple of dressmaking patterns. One of the knitting patterns was a crossover cardigan, designed by the Royal Society of Arts for ballerinas. I only ever had a faded photocopy so now i have the original. I will share pictures another time.

Also featured is the fair isle sweater I started months ago but didn't quite finish off until New Years Eve. It came out a little smaller than I would have liked but it still fits me so my efforts were not in vain and at least I know for next time to knit it on larger needles. I hope you like it.

Well must go now. I will blog again soon, I promise!




No comments:

Post a Comment