Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

About Me

My photo
Since I was about knee-high, I have always had a passion for fashion. It was only in my teens that I really found my true identity and loved to dress in anything that was considered "fashionable" at the time. Fashion fads:- Soul Girl; Trendabilly; Psychobilly; Rockabilly; 1950s style; 1940s style.

Saturday 21 January 2012

ANOTHER YEAR OLDER AND A THRIFTING I WILL GO...







Well we are only two weeks into the New Year already and I just can't beat some of my old habits....

It was my birthday earlier this week and I treated myself to a day off work and a lovely coffee and piece of cake from my favourite local bakers, Petite Patisserie, who provide all the refreshments and scrumptious cake for our Vintage Vogue Tea Room. It was definitely a treat and it took me ages to eat that cake, as you can imagine! It knocked spots off the disappointing visit last weekend to a new bakers not that far away, also based locally, I was absolutely horrified to be served coffee and cake in plastic - ugh, I will not be going back there again and it was more expensive as well!!!

The best thing about my local high street are the Charity Shops. Besides the usual necessities like bakers, post office, dry cleaners, shoe menders, chemist and grocery shops these stand out the most and there are more of them on every high street these days but they are my favourite shops and i love a bargain and of course donating my unwanted clothes and giving to charity by buying something back from them in the process is the best feeling in these hard times!

Today I was really excited when the lady in one of the shops said she had some more knitting patterns out the back. She came back with a carrier bag full and it was great to find so may old patterns in one place and at 50p each I just got carried away.

My scarf drawer also needed a good tidy up this weekend as I always get it in a mess as it's hard to find the scarf i want as I have so many. Today I decided to organise it a little better and you must agree this method makes it so much easier to find the scarf i want. There are more pictures of my scarves but i don't want to bore you too much, maybe another time.



No comments:

Post a Comment